I compiled this list after reading one of Perry Marshall’s newsletters which cause me to stop, think and make some crucial changes to my approach to my efforts as an entrepreneur.
I think this summary of the differences between entrepreneurs and wanna-be entrepreneurs outlined below will really hit home for some of you. I know that I have definitely been guilty of a few of these in the past, but thankfully, guys like Perry publish many thought-provoking posts which help the rest of us review our situations to learn where we can make changes to our personalities as well as our businesses for a better chance of success in the long-term.
- Wanna-be’s only dream. Entrepreneurs ACT!
- Wann-be’s drive any kind of traffic they can. Entrepreneurs focus more on converting.
- Wanna-be’s focus on making sales 24/7. Entrepreneurs build their list.
- Wanna-be’s need the perfect plan. Entrepreneurs test and tweak along the way.
- Wanna-be’s crumble with a failure. Entrepreneurs know how to fail fast.
- Wanna-be’s worry about “looking stupid” to friends and family. Entrepreneurs will trade long-term success for short-term embarrassments.
- Wanna-be’s wait until they have all the right tools in place. Entrepreneurs will dive in naked.
- Wanna-be’s too often feel entitled. Entrepreneurs know better.
- Wanna-be’s blame themselves after failure. Entrepreneurs blame the idea.
- Wanna-be’s quit. Entrepreneurs regroup.
In preparation for 2011 I’ve decided to offload some of my gambling domains and new-ish websites in order to simplify my life and focus on my core businesses. With this in mind I went hunting for some of the best places to buy and sell websites and places to list domains for sale.
In doing the research I looked through some of the most popular sites to list the domain / website and found a few good looking sites which looked like the best places to go for buying and selling web properties which I’ll list below. I also noticed that the paid listing sites tend to be of a far higher quality and that the free listing sites are often filled with a lot of junk, so finding something to buy or being found if you’re selling could be a hassle.
In the second installment of my new series of #FollowFriday blog posts I’m going to highlight 6 Internet Marketing & Internet Business type folks that I think you should watch, learn and engage with if you’re creating and marketing your own information products or operating your own online business to make money online.
JLU 6-pack Heroes by Baby Diana via Flickr
The reason I decided to go this route today was just to say thanks to a few of the people that inspired to dip my toes into the digital info product waters and produce my 1st product. It’s been a huge learning curve for me and I really think that I would have been lost if it were not for the work of the following folks.
So, before I digress, here’s the list of 6 Internet Marketing Masters to follow on Twitter in no particular order: